Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Life Groove?

It's my testimony that the Lord has given me new life throughout my life. Even before I was saved I believe God had His hand on me through many, many trials. I used to think that God saving me from drug & alcolhol addiction was the biggest mirical of my life. But three years ago when the doctors told me I had brain cancer, at first I really didn't give it much thought. I just believed that God was going to bring me through. I kept looking for feelings of hopelessness and despair, but I never felt any of that. Even now I feel confidience that the Lord is going to use this moment in my life to bless so many, begining with my family. You know what it's like to have relatives, close relatives that are still on the fence about committing to Christ. But even after they've watched God deliver you from certan death, they still want to do things thier way expecting that things canewill change, or get better. There nothing that conpares to the deliverence of Jesus! But I guess it takes what it takes.

So in spite of the cancer I believe that once again God has come through for me with new life. Another chance to praise Him with all I have. The grove is geting in pocket, or sink, with God. That comes from being, living in and through His word. When you're in sink things go along at a steady clip. Even with bumps, big or small, the winds of the world, changes and storms, God is right there to bring you through anything. When you're in the grove with God you're under His protection and guidence. New life groove, a fresh start within God's protection and all the benefits that afords. There are so many opprotunities within a solid relationship with God. I plan to take advantage of all I can in Him. It's exciting just thinking about it.

Every morning is new, and life can only be found in Christ. Get in His groove.

Blessings,

Freddy

1 comment:

  1. Fred: I'm loving your new blog. I was getting worried for a while when I kept looking at your old blog and didn't hear from you for over two weeks! What an inspiration and testimony you are to the redemptive power of Christ. Celebrating our New Life Groove, together as brother and sister in Christ,

    Toni

    ReplyDelete