Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Humpty Hump

Middle of the week already. Had a pretty good day. Sat in on a recovery meeting at Matt Talbot this morning. We talked about the fight to stay clean and sober from drugs and alcohol. I shared a little bit about my 23 year struggle using drugs. Everyone has a story about using, breaking the law and being unable to quit on thier own. But the highlight of my testimony is how Christ brought me out. I praise the Lord for a chance to speak on His power to overcome. Even addiction, any type of addiction. Being downtown helps me remember where He brought me from, all that it took. Priase God, 18 years clean and sober and still recovering. Always getting better. There's always room to improve. So I like to tell people that it's an on going work, and that's not a bad thing. I spoke to them jjust a little bit anout being blessed with soberity then being told you have cancer. I'm sure some of them find it hard to understand how I'd still count myself blessed. I can't even explain it, but the Lord has given me peace about my condition. So I spend less time tripping and more time giving Him praise. He's given me that.

All praises to Him!

Freddy

No comments:

Post a Comment