Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lovely day, lovely day!

Feel like singing. I'm expecting one of my partners to come over this evening to do some singing. So that should be fun. Diana and I have to sing special music at church in a couple of weeks. So my challenge now is to dig up tracks for a song we already know and that the church may have heard us do in the past. Diana will probably have to sing all the lead vocals, but I'm praying that I'll be able to come up with something so we can all have a truck load of fun.

God is so good! I'm having one of best days I've had in a longtime. I was able to get beyond my usual pain this morning and sat in a D/A recovery group this morning. The group was really fun. I testified a lot about where the Lord had brought me from in my own recovery. That helped relax the memebers of the group so they could share deeper things about thier own struggles in attempting to recover from a life of D/A. Yesterday I went out south to Riverton Place to sit in on a recovery group. It was pretty deep, emotional, as well as funny. I even cried with the men. I was so spent when I got home yesterday, that when my friend dropped me off, I stood in my living room and realized I was by myself. I wondered, it seemed outloud, what do I do now? I was really bewildered. So I began to pray to God to bring me through. And of course He did. Soon Diana and the rest of the family came home and all was good. So today I was really ready to do the group at Matt Talbot Center in downtown Seattle. Great group of people. And the staff is cool, so it's a real blessing.

Went to one of my docs today, and he checked out the MRI I took on this past Monday. Everything is stable, no growth in the tumor. He thinks that inspite of the pain I'm suffering from, I have a good attitude. That's due to the grace of the Lord. I can't, I won't complain. He's been to good to me and mine.

Stay blessed,

Freddy Bobo

No comments:

Post a Comment