Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another Day in the Life

Good day at Matt Talbot this morning, at a comencement for four people in the program. Matt Talbot is a center in Bell Town, downtown Seattle. They've been helping street people (homeless) addicted to drugs and alcohol with thier recovery from substances for the past 20 yrs. It was a great time in front of an almost packed house, made up of clients, staff and board memebers. It's a blessing to watch folks complete different phases of the program which lasts about 8 months to a year depending on a client's personal program plan. Some clients have a lot of trouble making it to that point, some in the room are still struggling, these four are an encouragement to them. So, on most Thurs I sit in on an 11 am D/A (Drugs & Alcohol) meeting to share, be supportive, and keep my own program on track.

I really hope to get to my guitar this evening. It's way past due. There's always music swirling in my head, but it seems I have little motivation or engergy to get the tunes out of my head. It's coming though, I can feel it right on the tip of my mind. Ever been there? You want to do something but just need a little nudge. Lord, nudge me ......................................... nudge me real good. :) :) :)

I've had tough moments the past week or so, but for the most part I've been able to manage my pain and feel pretty good. I said it before, and need to keep saying it, no Dr. has told me "Freddy, you only have this much time to live". Praise the Lord? They've just told me to grasp ahold of life and live it to the fullest. How do you do that? I can truly see that there's nothing holding me back, nothing standing in my way to do just that. But how do I get to it? The Spirit just blessed me with this thought. Recently I've had to push past my pain to get up most every morning and read devotion/bible, excerise and so on, to kick my mornings off. Why not do the same with my art, music, drawing, writting (recovery/treatment stories or ficiton)? Makes one wonder, huh? As far as my music, I know that when I get started it's hard to stop. I really haven't drawn or written anything in years. Sometime ago I did some drawings for Diana, she even used one I did of Ericka when she was a baby, for a card she published. But then I just stopped. You have to work at drawing and painting, and I don't spend any time even sketching. I haven't really put any effort in writting either. Diana, and my brother Michael, have tried to encourage me to write about D/A treatment, recovery, testimonies and such, but I just haven't tried. Maybe I should just start jouranling and see where it goes. As you know doubt can see I'm going to need a real good spell check program and proof reader. :)

Well, after all of this has been said, I guess I need to sign off and go to the studio. The Lord has provided it, praise God, so I shouldn't let it go to waste.

With much love from the Lord,

Freddy

No comments:

Post a Comment