Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It Really Is, In His Music

Yes the Lord really is good, all the time. Listen to the melody ............... it's a sweet tune. Just got home from a 7 pm recording session. The old Outta LoDebar band, now Devinne Deliverance, has a new guitarist, Paul Anderson an old friend of ours and Tim Horiuchi on drums. Tim has a recording studio in a rehearsal building where he leases space. What a set-up! All the gear, equipment, of a big professional studio with a great live room. So we can record live all instruments and lead vocals at the same time. That way you get a real feel that you might not get doing tracks one or two at a time. If the band tracks are tight you can come back in and record as many tracks as you need for the lead vocals, and then dub, record, the background vocals. Then if you haven't recorded with effects, you can put them on the tracks during the mix down.

This session made me feel like coming home and getting into my own little but just as powerful studio. Tim and I just so happen to use the same software. He was ready to send me home with one of his favorite microphones to try out on my own rig. I was shocked at his generosity so I said I'd use it at another time when I had a vocal session set-up. What a graceful brother. Getting back with the band is just what I need to supplement my therapy. Paul and Tim are just the brothers the band needed to push us to the next level. I'm excited to see how God is going to use us for His glory. The ministry we've got ahead of us........ I'm ready, use me Lord.

Gotta go play a little before I go to sleep.

God bless. Drop a brother a line .......... be an encourager,

Freddy

No comments:

Post a Comment