Friday, July 9, 2010

Deep In The 33rd

The 33rd refers to the groove. Or being i the groove. So when you ask me what I'm up to and I respond "I'm deep in the 33rd" I'm really saying in a sho nuff pocket. Yea!!! Wild language, I know. But I'm told I'm a wild kinda guy. So there :])

Today is quite a wonderful day. July 9th marks 19 years clean and sober from drugs and alcohol. Doesn't mean I've arrived, I'm still striving to be what God has called me to be, fighting the good fight of faith. I don't talk about my clean time much because one, I don't want to over whelmed those who are struggling in early recovery, and two it's easy to get in a place where I might forget and get out of pocket. It starts with behaviors, which is the start of relapse which leads to using, and that would be certain death for me. Praise the Lord for His deliverance. So I still have to stay on the grind and work toward 20 years. Celebration isn't what most might think. No bells and whistles, balloons and all, but a real presence of the great life. Yea for real!

I've been spending a lot of hours this week in my tiny studio. Trying to get gear and stuff straightened out and hooked up. Seems like before I can get it together I make a bigger mess. Then I stop and focus and making a little music. Over and over the process goes. Feels so good, it does. Diana and I are singing at our church on Sunday the 25th of this month so I'm redoing the tracks to an old song of ours that we haven't done for a longtime. It's always fun to play and sing with my wife. I'm the most comfortable then. I don't know if I've blogged that I've been rehearsing with the old LoDebar band, they've changed the name to Devine Deliverance. Diana might get a chance to sing with them too. But the blessing is we're getting busy. That's like the best therapy for me.

I've been doing bible studies too. Did one at the UGM's New Vision program last Saturday morning. I directed that program for seven yeas in the past, so it was a blessing to share. I'm trying to get out and do that more often, it's up lifting.

The hot weather is nice, but hard to get used to at first. We go from cold and raining to sun blast just like that. If the sun stayed out more I could handle it better. Whatcha gonna do? Sit under the fan, that's what.

Be blessed. I'll see if there's a way to post some of our music on the blog or something. Amen? Amen.

Freddy

No comments:

Post a Comment