Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Real Deal

I saw a movie last night in Seattle, Wheedle's Groove. It chronicles Seattle's early R&B music scene. It was ok, not real deep on information. More like Seattle music light. I know almost all the folks in the bands of the past so it cool to hear their stories, but again they didn't really go very far into their pasts. I would of liked to hear if any of them were doing music today and heard some of that. A couple of people you could tell were no longer writing/playing or involved with music much which is sad. Some are playing but just kind of stuck. Made me reflect on what I'm doing with my gift and talent. I praise God I can say I'm still playing with some of those guys, so I'm still creating still making music.

Things here in my own little studio are looking good. I'm finally getting the room straightened out and the software functioning like it should. I was fortunate to have a brother from my church come over and hook-up my computers so that they can talk to each other through a hub. That way I can sit at one screen and work on any system. Now I have to get my guitar synths to play in a way that sounds real. Some instruments are a struggle, takes a lot of work, a lot of time.
Everything takes commitment, I'm up for that. Until next time.

God bless,

Freddy

No comments:

Post a Comment