Tuesday, June 22, 2010

So It's Summer ?

Really? My baby girl just walked in from finishing her first year of high school. She did so good, her mom and I are very proud of her. Now she embarks on a summer of basketball and fun. Hopefully she can spend some valuable time with Daddy-O :]).

I'm feeling better after a scare this past weekend from a new medication. By Sunday afternoon I was feeling much better and since then my body is kind of wavering up and down. Sometimes I feel pretty good and other times I get sluggish and feel like I'm crashing and need to lay down. I try eating little portions of food throughout the day to keep my blood sugar steady. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Visited my Oncologist yesterday and said I looked the best I have since my cancer diagnosis. That was encouraging, though my wife and I wonder why I really need to see him four or five times a week. He's nice and caring but really doesn't do much. I guess it's a safe guard of sorts. It is a blessing though that my condition is stable.

I'm looking forward to bring the message at a prayer breakfast held at UGM's New Vision program this Saturday morning. NV is the recovery program I directed for about seven yrs before I came to direct at Eastside Academy in 2004. That should be uplifting to share the word with men that are trying to change their lives. Right now I plan to speak on waiting on the Lord, Ps 27:14, also looking at how to wait. When you're in a program it's hard to wait and work on changing a lifestyle that sometimes takes a longtime to develop. Hopefully I'll be able to share something from God's word and my experiences that will help them get a foot hold in a new life.

Amen?

Rev Freddy

No comments:

Post a Comment